KANO – Sharia Police in Nigeria, whose sole responsibility it is to uphold Islamic law, destroyed thousands of crates of beer.
244,151 beer bottles were confiscated and destroyed by the Hisbah organization during an all out ‘anti-beer’ riot.
“We hope this action will help us to clear up Kano’s clouded image,” said Kano Chief of Police.
But locals weren’t as infatuated with the action taken by Sharia Police.
“They ruined my business,” said one vendor who, despite being forbidden to sell alcohol, had his market stocked with beer and saw his inventory being hauled away on the backseat of Sharia Police cars.
Kano if located in Northern Nigeria, which is predominantly Islamic while Southern Nigeria is mostly Christian.
Several provinces in Northern Nigeria have since the year 2000 been ruled by Sharia law in addition to the laws upheld by the country.
Related posts● Yet Another Car Explosion Rocks Beirut
● Kim Jong-Un Starts New Year With Sinister Speech
● Gay People Go To Jail For Life In Uganda
● Syria Makes Thousands Of People Disappear
● Six US Soldiers Die In Plane Crash In Afghanistan
|« Pope Installs Punch Clock In Vatican||Denise Richards Abused Charlie’s Kids? »|
Other Top Searches:
- alcohol consumption - alcoholic beverages - destroying beer - Hisbah organization - Islamic nation - Kano Nigeria - Sharia law - Sharia Police - World News