NDJ – US meat production is staggering. Undercover animal rights activists had secretively filmed the numerous violations and animal abuse that is ongoing in slaughter houses, livestock and chicken farms across the US.
Cows often times receive cruel treatments from plant workers and are subjected to being kicked, beaten and stabbed in the eye with a tool resembling an ice pick before being slaughtered.
Rolling Stone magazine made a video report of the animal cruelty found in many US slaughter houses.
The facts compiled about egg, chicken and livestock farms are stomach turning at best. Yet America continues to be one of the largest meat consumption countries in the world.
Here Are The Stats for US meat production houses:
- Each year 9 billion chicken, 113 million pigs, 33 million cows and 250 million turkeys are slaughtered for meat consumption.
- Most of these animals are raised in dark, dirty and far too small barns.
- A slaughterhouse in Nebraska kills one cow every 12 seconds or 300 cows per hour or 2,500 cows per day.
- In 2012 the US produced 50.7 billion pounds (23 million kilos) of red meat.
- Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Texas produce 49 percent of that red meat.
- Livestock in the US produce 88,140 pounds (40,000 kilos) of dung per second.
- 34,167 miles (56,000 Km) of rivers in the US are polluted by livestock waste.
- 26 percent of earth’s landmass is used to produce livestock.
- Chickens used to lay eggs are killed after two years even though they have an average life expectancy from 5 to 8 years.
- An egg production chicken is confined to a space that is less than two-thirds an A4 sized paper (8.267″ X 11.692″).
Related posts● Lion Dies Gruesome Death In Zoo
● Test Tube Burger Is Here But Is It Any Good?
● Dolphin Dies After Being Mistreated By Chinese Tourists
● Soccer Player Bashed Over Animal Cruelty
● Kitten Doused With Gasoline And Put On Fire
|« Got Bad Breath? Here’s Why And What You Can Do About It!||California Man Uses Revenge Porn To Make Money »|
Other Top Searches:
- animal rights - cruelty to animals - livestock - livestock facts - meat production - red meat stats - Rolling Stone Magazine - us meat consumption - US red meat facts