PRETORIA – The coffin with Nelson Mandela’s body in it has arrived in Qunu, South Africa, where he will be buried on Sunday.
Escorted by a convoy of police, the body was transported on Saturday from the airport of Mthatha to the town where Mandela grew up, in the province of Old-Cape.
During a prior wake for Nelson Mandela at the Waterkloof Air Force base near Pretoria, which was attended by 1,000 ANC Party members, South Africa’s President Jacob Zuma said that “our country needs more Madibas”, referring to Mandela’s tribal name.
Since Wednesday, at least 100,000 South Africans have said ‘goodbye’ to iconic Mandela.
Sunday’s funeral is expected to draw an enormous crowd, the likes of which have never before been seen attending a burial in South Africa.
Related posts● Dead Boxer Stands Up In Ring
● Fidel Castro Is Still Hanging On
● South African Translator Does Not Speak English
● Nelson Mandela Taken To Union Buildings
● Thieves Ransack And Rob Bishop Tutu’s Home
|« NSA Employees Want Amnesty For Edward Snowden||New York Cop Gives Man Shirt Off His Back, Literally »|
Other Top Searches:
- celebrating death - funeral - Madiba - Mandela funeral - nelson mandela - Old Cape - President Jacob Zuma - Qunu - Tata Madiba - wake - Xhosa