LONDON – A severe storm blasting through Southern England has damaged homes and left 150,000 households without electricity the day before Christmas.
The BBC reports that Northern Ireland and Scotland are battling winds exceeding 90 miles per hour and traffic flow has been interrupted at many locations since Monday and continues to be a nightmare for many holiday travelers.
In many cities, trains are parked in the stations or only a handful are riding. Airlines have cancelled numerous flights and even boats aren’t venturing out into the high seas.
Network Rail has announced it is doing everything it can to bring passengers to their destinations before Christmas eve.
Weather experts predict the severe storm that brought with it high winds, chilling temperatures, frost, rain and snow, won’t depart any time soon either
Related posts● Heavy Rain Fall Claims Lives
● Winter Storm In US Is Turning Deadly
● Severe Snow Storm Puts US On Emergency Alert
● Parts Of Europe Hit By Severe Storm
● Kate Middleton Battles Them British Winds Again
|« Carlos Santana Reunites With Homeless Former Band Member||Woman Steals Christmas Tree From Senior Home »|
Other Top Searches:
- bad weather - pounding waves - severe cold in UK - Southern UK - strong winds - winter storm UK - without electricity